Durability and cost are two factors to consider when choosing a hardwood floor for your home. Hardwood floors, when properly maintained, can last many years and look beautiful. They also add value to your home. Learn more in this brief video from Bona.
Here is a step-by-step guide to getting there.
- Determine where in your house you would like to have wood flooring. Wood floors can stand up to all the big and small moments that happen at home.
- Establish a general budget range and desired timing for the project.
- Find a professional to help with selecting/ordering product and installation. Wood floors can last for the lifetime of your home, so you want to choose a professional who has the knowledge and skills to do the job right.
- Choose the type of flooring, design requirements, and colors that are necessary for your project.
- Plan a time to have the work completed.
- Discuss maintenance requirements with your flooring professional. Schedules can vary depending on use, finish wear and tear, and lifestyle.
- Enjoy your beautiful new wood floors for many years to come. One of the advantages of wood floors is that they can be refinished, which makes them a great long-term value.
Source: National Wood Flooring Association