2020 has been an interesting year (to say the least). Our homes have become our refuge. They are places where we live, work and learn digitally. But they also are places where we can dream of the future. A time when hugs will be exchanged, entertaining our friends will become possible and travel will begin anew.
We have compiled a list of 15 ideas to help inspire you as you look forward to welcoming the new year and new possibilities.
- Think about where you would like to go next. Make a Pinterest board to gather inspiration for the trip.
- Visit your favorite U.S. National Parks on Google Earth.
- Consider an epic train trip and start plotting your route.
- Watch walking tours of place you haven’t been yet or want to revisit.
- Hone your photography skills or learn a new language.
- Enjoy some of the world’s greatest museums, symphonies and operas from your couch.
- Donate to your favorite non-profit organization.
- Crack open that bottle of wine you have been saving for a special occasion.
- Take a virtual cooking lesson.
- Order take-out from that restaurant you never managed to get a table at before.
- Look for shows filmed right in your home city or state, and remember how lucky you are to be where you are.
- Start planning your menu and guest list for your next big gathering.
- Prepare your home for winter weather. Start planning your spring garden.
- Keep in touch with your friends and family via phone, online or a quick note.
- Shop for new flooring during MODA Floors and Interiors “Farewell to 2020 Sale.”