Window coverings are an important part of any home. Do you know how to take care of this design investment?
- Water, solvents or abrasive cleaners should not be used on wood blinds or shutters.
- The best way to remove dust or debris from hard to reach areas on honeycomb, window shades and shadings is by using a hair dryer on a cool setting or compressed air purchased from an office supply store.
- Bathtub cleaning or water immersion, ultrasonic cleaning, injection or extraction cleaning and steam cleaning are all specialized professional cleaning treatments. Power washing is not.
- Many aluminum and vertical vinyl blinds are specially treated to guard against static electricity and dust. If not, the slats can be wiped with anti-static dryer sheets.
- It is best to clean alternative wood blinds and shutters with a soft damp cloth.