A few easy steps and regular maintenance will help keep your luxury vinyl tile and planks looking great for years to come!
Provides Warmth and Comfort
Carpet provides actual thermal resistance, or R-value. In colder climates or seasons, it retains warm air longer, an energy conservation benefit. Carpet also provides a comfortable place to sit, play or work and gives a room an overall warmer feeling.
Adds Beauty and Style
You can choose from many thousands of carpet styles and colors. That means your ultimate choice will reflect how you want to personalize your living space. Carpet can be a neutral foundation, or it can be a focal point with vibrant colors and stronger bolder patterns and textures.
Softens Slips and Falls
Carpet is ideal for cushioning our footsteps, reducing slips and falls and minimizing injuries when falls do occur. Carpet provides safety protection for the whole family, but especially for toddlers and older individuals.
Big screen TVs, speaker phones, computers and modern sound systems make our homes noisy places. Carpet helps absorb these sounds. Adding a cushion pad beneath your carpet reduces noise even further. Carpet also works as a sound barrier between floors by helping to block sound transmission to rooms below. And carpet on stairs helps mask the sound of constant foot traffic.
Carpet will maintain its life and beauty for many years when properly cleaned and maintained. Learn to keep your carpet looking great over time by following these simple steps:
- Preventative Maintenance: Protect your investment before problems occur.
- Vacuuming: Keep your carpet clean through regular vacuuming, the single most effective way to keep carpets clean.
- Professional Cleaning: Have carpets cleaned professionally, a periodic must.
Source: Tuftex Carpets
This can be avoided by sweeping, dust mopping or vacuuming regularly to remove loose dirt and grit.
You can use a broom or, to make the job faster, a vacuum cleaner without a beater bar.
Vacuum cleaner attachments are useful to pick up dirt from between planks, tiles or along edges.
An occasional very light damp mopping using laminate floor cleaner is also suggested. However, your laminate flooring can expand if excessive water is used while cleaning. Your mop should be damp, not wet.
After damp mopping, a clean dry cloth should be used to wipe your floor thoroughly.
Placing doormats or walk-off mats at each entryway will collect excessive moisture and dirt before they enter your home.
Do’s and don’ts you should know about.
- Glides or floor protectors on the bottom of your furniture will prevent possible scratching or abrasion.
- It’s important to lift heavy furniture instead of dragging or pulling the piece.
- Use pieces of carpet face down under heavy objects when moving them across your floor.
- Spot cleaning and occasional complete cleaning of your laminate floor can be done using the manufacturer’s recommended products.
- Never use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder.
- Don’t use soap-based detergents or “mop-and-shine” products.
- Never flood your floor with water or cleaner. In all cases, less is best, especially when it comes to water.
- Don’t wax or polish your laminate floor.
- Never try to refinish or sand your laminate floor.
- Durable but not indestructible, your laminate floor can be damaged by heavy or sharp objects.
- But the good news is that the finish on your laminate floor can help protect the floor from sunlight and the typical fading you find with aging hardwood floors.
- Keep in mind that if a repair is necessary in the future, the replacement product may be a slightly different dye lot and/or texture than the initial installation.
For additional care procedures please refer to the manufacturer’s care and maintenance instructions and recommendations.
By understanding and following these basic care guidelines you can be confident that your laminate flooring will provide you with many years of beauty and lasting performance.