You can create a unique look with simple upgrades such as borders, medallions, distressing, painting floors, mixed media and staining.
- Borders create a frame effect. They can incorporate multiple wood species, stone, marble, brass, stainless steel, nickel and other metals.
- Medallions are installed in the main field of the floor. They can incorporate multiple wood species, stone, metal and leather. Medallions also can be routed into existing floors.
- Distressing offers an antiqued appearance. Hand-scraping is the most-common distressing technique used to achieve a worn look.
- Painted floors transform an ordinary wood floor into something unique. Features such as borders or other design elements can be added and sanded off later.
- Mixed media mixes wood with other materials. A marble and wood foyer makes a dramatic entryway, while brushed nickel accents in your kitchen wood floor could showcase your appliances.
- Staining can give your existing wood floors an entirely new look very affordably. Light, medium and dark stains transform your floors without replacement
Source: National Wood Flooring Association
Every year since 2014 Shaw Floors has named a Color of the Year for the upcoming year. (Royal English Navy, Lady in Grey, White Hot, Lush and now Gold Rush) Shaw says these colors work well alone and can deliver even more pizazz when they work together.
Gold Rush brings energy to a room, creating a range of emotions from warmth to excitement, from serious to playful. What do you think about the color? Will you use it in your home?
Does your home reflect your personality? Or is it full of cookie-cutter pieces? This brief video shows you how to revamp a lamp easily and inexpensively.
How do you add visual interest to a stairway? Here’s a quick video tip.
Wallpaper is back. But with a difference. Use it in a small room or on an accent wall. Remember that less is more in the world of wallpaper.
This trend was popular in 2016. Is it still popular with you in 2017?
Take your guest room to the next level with these simple design tricks.
Can you mix farmhouse style with modern luxe in your kitchen? Yes, you can. Here are some tips on tile backsplashes, appliances and countertops that will keep your kitchen looking fresh.