You can create a unique look with simple upgrades such as borders, medallions, distressing, painting floors, mixed media and staining.
- Borders create a frame effect. They can incorporate multiple wood species, stone, marble, brass, stainless steel, nickel and other metals.
- Medallions are installed in the main field of the floor. They can incorporate multiple wood species, stone, metal and leather. Medallions also can be routed into existing floors.
- Distressing offers an antiqued appearance. Hand-scraping is the most-common distressing technique used to achieve a worn look.
- Painted floors transform an ordinary wood floor into something unique. Features such as borders or other design elements can be added and sanded off later.
- Mixed media mixes wood with other materials. A marble and wood foyer makes a dramatic entryway, while brushed nickel accents in your kitchen wood floor could showcase your appliances.
- Staining can give your existing wood floors an entirely new look very affordably. Light, medium and dark stains transform your floors without replacement